MoGZ of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Are The MOGZ?

2 posters

Go down

Who Are The MOGZ? Empty Who Are The MOGZ?

Post  HPH-ShadowQueen Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:21 pm

A PS3 clan for players aged 25 and over. (people 21-25 who are known to us, and are suitably mature may be accepted)

Our core ideal is to be a gaming family, not a faceless clan, to help each other in game and on forum.

Formed by Admins who have formed another still active and successful clan.

We want to have fun, make friends, play the Objective, communicate in game and on forum.

We will be decent and mature with each other and others in game.

No skills requirements - in time we will organise fun events, and for those that want it we can help with clan vs clan and Gamebattles.

We have a BF3 platoon and an Elite clan.

We want to keep this clan small - 50-100 members. There is no ongoing commitment required but the odd game and forum post (if you don't do this why are you here).

PLAY - LAUGH - ENJOY!

Last edited by HPH-ShadowQueen on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

HPH-ShadowQueen
MoGZ Admin
MoGZ Admin

https://mogzclan.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Who Are The MOGZ? Empty Re: Who Are The MOGZ?

Post  HPH-ShadowQueen Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:33 am

And by way of some history:

Shakespeare said 'Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war;' in his play Julius Ceaser (Act 3, scene 1). After Caesar's murder Anthony regrets the course he has taken and predicts that war is sure to follow.

ANTONY:
Blood and destruction shall be so in use
And dreadful objects so familiar
That mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:
And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

('Let slip the Dogs' is almost certainly reference to an engineering term meaning to lose grip.)

The Dogs of War (1974) is a war novel by Frederick Forsyth featuring a small
group of European and African mercenary soldiers hired by a British industrialist.

So The MogZ of War is a play on the term Dogs of War.

The term MogZ is also a homage to ProfPurples rat cat: Mog or moggy is a UK term of endearment for a loveable/beloved, maybe scraggy, non-pedigree cat. Judith Kerr has written a series of childrens books about Mog the cat, my kids loved them - I recommend them.

And by happy co-incidence the acronym draws out the words Mature and Older - two things dear to our hearts.

HPH-ShadowQueen
MoGZ Admin
MoGZ Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HPH-ShadowQueen Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:56 am

And on a more personal level….

The MogZ launched on the 17th July 2012, with three Admins (forum names may change), HPH-ShadowQueen, better known as H, Professor Purplex, better known as Z and Toast Ghumper, better known as T.

H, T and Z all knew each other at another clan, hence forth called TOC (The Other Clan). H was the founder of TOC and Z was there over a year as a senior officer, central to its growth. T built the BF3 division within TOC which had been a MW3 only clan. T had left TOC after a disagreement over who-knows-what-lost-in-the-mists-of-time April-ish 2012. H left on the 11th July and Z soon after, for various long and unimportant reasons. TOC is still going strong, it was left in good hands.

So here we go building another clan, the future is exciting, the future is purple (in-joke on colour purple, at TOC it meant something was rude). H is the brains, Z is the heart and T is the big fat beer-belly of the clan (laughs to self, hoping T doesn't read that bit!)

We want MogZ to maintain the family feel we once had at TOC but maybe lost as it grew too much.

Last edited by HPH-ShadowQueen on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

HPH-ShadowQueen
MoGZ Admin
MoGZ Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Test E Queler Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:00 am

HPH-ShadowQueen wrote:H is the brains, Z is the heart and T is the big fat beer-belly of the clan (laughs to self, hoping T doesn't read that bit!)

I feel the love. Very Happy I see ya'll talk about me behind my back when I am gone. Which I am leaving soon. (T goes and cries in the corner.......while drinking a beer)

People tell me to get in shape. ROUND IS A SHAPE DAMN IT!!! Razz
Test E Queler
Test E Queler
MoGZ Admin
MoGZ Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 am

I also feel the love from H and Z not really had the chance to speak to T much on mic and game but were all one happy family Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  HPH-ShadowQueen Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:11 am

And Ash goes down in MogZ history as our first active member - so glad you joined us!

HPH-ShadowQueen
MoGZ Admin
MoGZ Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:18 am

Im really glad i joined its peace ful and realy great members Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum